If we learn nothing else from the recent election, let us learn the value of an inspiring speech. Yes, the country was fed up with eight years under the Bush regime. Yes, Obama's policies are more promising than McCain's. But, really, what it comes down to is this: there is going to be a Neeg in the White House come January, and the primary reason is that he could get peeps fired up.
This brought to mind another presidential election that took place roughly four years ago in which one of the candidates won solely on the grounds that he was able to rouse the crowd with a meaningless, under-prepared speech. To be fair, though, he was running against Greg Falco. Here it is...
Other notable student speeches:
- Juan's "Number of times..." Speech
- Kamer's "Forget about game" Speech
- Arpon's Student Council Speech (what was it about again? i just remember it being good)
- Olmetti's "Recess-Braveheart" Speech
- Dave Bazzano's "There's an alligator in my pants" Speech
- Jackie Pizzimenti's "Video Killed the Radio Star" Speech
- Plichta's "I'm not gonna promise you pizza parties and ice cream" Speech[es] (there might have been more than one... do any of you remember these? They were painful to sit through)
- Danny O'Shea's "One Time" Speech
- Mike Choi's "I really don't have a speech" Speech (my personal favorite)
- and of course... Kratschmer's "I eat the crusts first" Speech